Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A watchful mind (2010)

Keep me away from the wisdom that does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.

Keep me away from the religion that does not forgive, which hates, and produces hypocritical leaders who forget the passion behind what they preach.

Keep me away from friends who fail to love. Who judge first, question second, and don't bring out the best of what I have to offer.

Keep me away from a profession that does not challenge me, does not require my personal best, and does not help me succeed in changing the world I live in for the better, even if it isn't immediate.

Keep me away from all these things, but let me focus on the little blessings that life bestows upon us each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment