Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Something new (2010).

Well you are the closest thing I have to bring up
in a conversation about a love that defies my past.
I could never call him mine,
because all I ever wanted to be was yours.

So if we were meant to be.
I'll defy our destiny,
because all I want is you.

Damn him,
damn my past.

It holds me back without even trying to.

I try to let go.
I can't move on from the past.
Without lifting a finger it's holding me back.

Then I saw our paths separate and I felt alright about it.
Until I found out about her,
and then I couldnt understand because it bothered me so.

How we didn't die
I just never let us have a chance to grow.
And this makes no sense to my logic,
how sonething invisible affects the things I do.

And you, my dear, can't help it.
I'm afraid to lose what I've never had.

I can't let go,
I can't lose you.
Punch my past in the face,
we'll try something new.

Here's my hand,
please take it.
Here's my heart,
don't break it.

I'll take a deep breath,
shaking,
as I tell you I'm ready.

I'm ready to be your something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment