Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Merry XMas to God (2008)

I'll come out and say it
I may appear a Scrooge.
But Christmas, you can have it
I've got better things to do.

I'm sick of all the hype over this time of year.
When all the Christians get together and strap on their Jesus gear.
We make a paycheck putting the, "Christ back in Christmas."
Sending out our yearly, impersonal, updates to the misters and the misses.

You do your yearly ten dollar donation to help a child in need.
In America, the land of freedom, we thrive off of greed.
We love to give at Christmastime, and make our yearly dues.
Remembering to forget that the homeless exist in June.

Yes! It's Christmastime, and what exactly have you done?
You written off what really matters so that you can have more fun.
You pass by bell ringers, and super size your meals.
As for men and women after God's own heart.. I ask what's the deal?

I'm ready for Christmas to be over
I know it may seem odd.
Let Americans re-unite with their true savior.
I want my Christmas to include God.

No comments:

Post a Comment