Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Little ballerina's backwards ballet (2010)

I've had a bad streak
I pretend you understand.
Nothing goes my way.
All the pain reaches out.
I've got heartache a mile long.

It’s happening, I’m dizzy,
I don’t want to think about it.
I don’t understand my problem.
And when I smile, 
I cry
I’m confusing, 
I’m distracting.
I'll just hide my face.

Get out of my way.
You can’t escape this.
I don't want talk about it.
It’ll be over as soon as it starts.

And I'll be fine;
Someday, some time.
At the end of the day,
I went the wrong way.

I see a light.
I'm not lost.
Although painful, 
it's a good mistake.
For now.

I saw the day break.
The stars fade, then sun.
I’ll shout about it.
The lies can be so fun.

Every time I turn around
Your memory stares me down.
I find that I'm alone again.
I can be cynical.
I'm going to laugh you off.

Stronger than you know.
I'm going to be all right.
Living for a moment.
I'm hanging on today.

Nothing's going to stop me.
Your memory lives on.
I'm holding on to you.
I'm stronger than your love.

Its hard to be the only one
Constantly trying to change.
Fight or flight?
Going to make it right.

I'm holding on.
Don’t stop me.
When I’m lonely;
Alone, I'm floating.
I’m above it all. 
Nothing is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment