Friday, December 3, 2010

Fasting, halfway mark (2007)


God, sweet Jesus, I want to thank you for opening my eyes in the ways that you have so far. Thank you for allowing me to be tested, stumble, and get back on my feet again. Thank you for actively pursuing me in a way I've never been pursued before. Thank you for being my one true love. Nobody else can compare, and I'm not ready for them to try to, yet. God, I don't want to live a secular life when there's one that's totally centered around you to be had. I don't want to be confined in an ordinary category when I can be extraordinary with your light surrounding me. I also no longer have to fear what I don't know. I have rebuked my shy nature and, so far, have been pleasantly suprised.
It's not been easy, and I've had to train my heart, my words, and my actions to that of your standards, but it's been worth it. Thank you for renewing my concience for things that are worldy. I had fallen so far down that I failed to recognize the trouble I had brought on myself simply by running.
Thank you for not giving up on me, thank you for blessing me with girlfriends that aren't giving up on me either and are daily holding me accountable to my fast. Thank you for the restoration of relationships with my parents, sister, and other family members I'm living with.
I pray that you continue to open my eyes to changes that need to be made, and ways that, with your help and guidance, I can improve upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment