Friday, December 3, 2010

My Biblical Game Plan (2007)


I have a need to act, I'm restless.
I have a need to not be a name forgotten.
I know I have a higher calling.
So, now is a season of time to find out what that truly is and act upon it.

I'm reading a book entitled, "Your People Shall be My People." By Don Finto. It has changed my entire method of thinking. Like so many other Christians, I haven't taken the Bible literally. Instead of reading Israel and seeing it as a message to the country, I took it as Christians, IE.. myself. In doing so, I missed the entire prophetic message for Israel and the Jewish people that is found in the Bible. If you read in the book of Ruth, you see that once she and her sister Naomi separated from their past religion and joined the jewish they had made a committment to serve and teach. To live a new life, unattached to the life they had once lived as moabites.
But what happens when something goes wrong? What if your connection dies? Do you cut ties and go back to your old life and pick up the pieces? Or, do you find a new strength and press on faithfully? Naomi went back to her parents and the moabites, but Ruth held her guns. She had made the committment to her husband, and to the Jewish people. She was not going to back down from her decision. Her exact words were, "Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God."
She went with her mother in law, even after her husband had died, to go glean. There she was introduced to a man who would later become her husband, only after she had proven herself faithful and relentless in her compassion towards other people. It takes a certain amount of being selfless for your true spirit to shine through.
I love that Ruth stuck with the choice that she had made, and was faithful to her husband even after his death. Had she not have been, I don't believe she would have met Boaz.
God rewards selflessness. It's not about us, it's about others. How can we show Jesus? We can act like him. We can be modern day Ruths, in a society of Naomis.
This, is my new game plan. Please join in me in praying daily for our nations, specifically, Israel and the Jewish people. Until we can join together as one unit, we will never see the end of days and the return of our Savior.
Be blessed, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment