Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sunny Afternoons (2010)

Lay me down in fields of flowers
Kneel beside me, look up at the sky
We'll count the clouds before they fly away.

A tisket, a tasket, a picnic in a basket
Sandwiches, a piece of pie, slow wet kisses, my heart flies high
We long to make this moment last,
How precious times like these pass so fast.

Picnic blankets, now a pillow.
Afternoon naps under a willlow.
The wind picks up, the leaves blow round.
The lovers are nestled, safe & sound.

He stares at the eyes that drew him in.
Fifty years ago feels like ten.
Her skin shows life lines, laughter & love.
He loves her more now, but it's never enough.

God bestows you with special blessings in life.
Thanks be to Him, he's been blessed with a wife.
A lover, a companion, mother and friend.
The vows they said on their wedding day hold true 'til the end.

He remembers this day, as he spoke his vow renewed.
She reached to touch his cheek, saying "I'm leaving so soon."
Now he looks on his beloved's grave,
reading his vow that the stone has saved.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll love you for always.
Never shall our tie sever,
For I'll be with you 'til the end of our days."
"

No comments:

Post a Comment