Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Smiles (2010)

I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I can't sleep. Why I'm starving and then can't eat. Why I'm upset all the time. 

I want to scream, and stamp my feet. I want to have someone listen to my anger & not be frightened away. I want this ache to go away deep within my soul. 

This ache that wakes me up, that makes me cry in the shower and when I'm alone. This ache of belonging to nothing, not feeling wanted or valued for things that are important to me. 

I want to run away, just so i can be missed. I need to feel like I'm in control of my own destiny, but it's been taken from me. Yes, ripped from the seams of my so-called existence. Left bleeding and wailing silently. 

I don't know what I need, but I need help. My timer is ticking louder and louder. I fear I may explode. But in the meantime I'll smile. Yes, I'll smile because that's what is expected of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment