Friday, December 3, 2010

Dear God (2006)


I'm giving up my life so I might live yours. My flesh tells me to stop and go back to my old ways but in the depths of my heart I know that's wrong. I'm sick of being wrong and happy. I would rather be right and lonely but living for you than lukewarm and easy for the rest of my days. Miss out on eternal happiness and the inheritance of God? Not a chance. Better is one day with you lord.
God, give me the strength to discern what your will is for me. I pray for wisdom. I thank you, Lord, for the grace you have shown me thus far. The fact that you can accept my apology and love me just the same astounds me to no end. The way you died for me, so that I may survive to see Heaven's glory is a gift I'll never be able to fully repay you, but I can live the rest of my life trying to do so. Living in your likeness, worshipping and obeying you. Lord, I want you to live through me.
Let thy will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment