Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sleepless in Satin (2010)

Cold satin brushes my shoulder as I curl up. My gown feels flimsy against the evening air. Outside, the streets are relatively quiet; an occasional stereo system, an engine that needs a tune up.

My room fills up with aromatherapy incense, scents that are supposed to lull me to sleep. I fluff my pillows, roll over to face them. All of the worries in the world start to melt. 

But, I'm cold. I'm lonely. The warmth of your embrace puts me in a safer place. The thrill of your breath against my neck; when you whisper "I love you," I feel it. My world stops as your lips dance along my skin; a duet that is yours and mine, alone. 

My body stops fighting it's many battles. The war of worries in my mind cease fire. In that moment I am yours and you are mine. 

As my breathing slows, my emotions soar. I curl up and place my ear against your chest. I drift off into the sweetest dreams of forever with your arms wrapped around me. Your fingers grazing softly through my hair, down my back. 

I hope and pray this lasts forever. 

Tonight though, I'm sleepless in satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment