Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grapes and fries (2010)

The pictures fall to the floor.

(Heaven is a place where they call my 
name)

Two empty beds, a box of toys gather dust.

(Says "please come play with me for awhile")

Voicemails, visitors, the days are a haze.

(God, I know, it's all of this and so much more).

Your lunch is cold, the milk is going to ruin.

(But God, you know this is what I'm aching for).

I wake up, rush to your room, and relive it all over again.

(God, you know, I just can't see beyond the door),

It's always darkest before the dawn.

(But in my minds eye I can see a place),

With your hands on my shoulder I'll visit your caskets. 

(Where your glory fills every empty space).

I know that although I couldn't save you, you are safe somehow.

(There's no more goodbye, no more not enough).

You were so pure God couldn't let you go.

(No more enemy, no more).

No comments:

Post a Comment