Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Peace be with you, baby girl (2009)

This is the hardest thing I've ever written

"Lily"

Where I dwell, there is no pain
There is no cold, no dreary rain
I find a rainbow every day
And touch the sun’s most warming rays

I know you wish that I were there
So you could hug and hold me near
So you would see my bright eyes shine
Yet I am yours and you are mine

You ponder years that will come and go
The little one you won’t watch grow
But treasure me safely within your hearts
For there we shall not be apart

I gaze on you from heaven above
I sense your thoughts and feel your love
Please realize, here I am at peace
I pray some of your pain may cease

God did not create a “never”
Hence, once again we’ll be together
Until such time that we shall meet
In altered words may I repeat:

I am safe
I am with you
I love you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby girl,

I hope that somehow you can hear this, and know that even though I never met you in person that I loved you with everything in me. I was never ashamed of you, and I intended to keep you. The doctor told me that you had an extra chromosome, but I still can't help but think I am at fault.

Did I stress over useless things, or over indulge in something that affected you? I feel so empty, so very empty, without you. I hope you experienced no pain when you left me, and if you did, I am so very sorry.

I dream about what you would have looked like, how you would have smelled, what your smile would look like; your personality. I only hope that someday I'll meet you in person.

I love you, Lily.

-Your mother

No comments:

Post a Comment