Friday, December 3, 2010

Goodye Sweet Friend (2008)


Transition: A passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another, usually accompanied by loss, and/or gain.
Life is a continuous sequence of patterns and cycles. People thrive on this existence and I can't say that I don't fall into this category.
For the last few years my cycles have included 6 month friendships. On for 6 months, off for 6 months, then an awkward rekindle stage for 6 months, followed by another off for 6 months. More or less, it has also always depended on the person I was in a relationship with at the time. When things would go south with the boyfriend, all my friends would bail. Sweet eh?
I can't say that I blame them, because all friendships aren't meant to last. People change, and transition. If you're not on the same growth cycle in your life, you'll ultimately crash.
Some friends come into your life for a short time, long enough to make a difference and leave.

Some friends come into your life to provide emotional support, a kind word or a hug. A cup of coffee after a long day.
Some friends come into your life to bring struggle, but this struggle ultimately makes you stronger.

Some friends come into your life to bring pain, but this pain teaches you to value the happiness in life that your God blesses you with daily.
Friendship would mean nothing if everyone was a best friend, we wouldn't appreciate the individual.
This is why I choose to agree to disagree. I cut my losses and move on. I still love all the people that I've known, those who have hurt me, and regrettably, those I've hurt as well. I still struggle with these issues from time to time, but I believe everyone goes through nostalgia to a degree in college.
But to all of you, I wish you blessings, and know that if you need anything I'm here. I'll do my best to be there as much as I can when you need me, but I don't want to hinder your growth or mine by being there when you don't.
So goodbye, sweet friends, and may God bless the friends in your life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment