Friday, December 3, 2010

Home is where his heart is (2007)

I'm at a state of unrest. I don't sleep like I should. I'm lonely. I'm alone here. I want to run. I want to hide. I want to cry sometimes.

and that's okay. why? Because of what Jesus says in the beattitudes.

They aren't the "you gotta be's," like I've been raised believing in church, but more the "when you are's," in life.

Matthew 5:  3-12

3Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
 6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
 7Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
 8Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
 9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
 10Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 11Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
In the same way the Beattitudes ensure us that our emotional states are all linked with Heaven, Ecceliastes tells us that each emotional state has it's time and place.

A Time for Everything// Ecceliastes 3: 1-8
--> -->1.There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven
--> -->2.A time to give birth and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
--> --> 3.A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to tear down and a time to build up.
--> --> 4.A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
--> --> 5.A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; a time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
--> --> 6.A time to search and a time to give up as lost; a time to keep and a time to throw away.
--> --> 7.A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; a time to be silent and a time to speak.
--> --> 8.A time to love and a time to hate; a time for war and a time for peace.
We are fed a lot of lies in our lives saying that to be the best Christian, one has to be constantly happy. Jesus wasn't always happy, he created us in His image. He wept, a lot. All throughout the Bible. I'm not saying he was a basket case, but in His situation, I probably would've been. Think about it.

You've got a friend that keeps hurting you, and you forgive them and give them another chance when they apologize, but then they turn around and do it again.

I've been that friend, countless times.  I believe we all have. If I had it to do over again I'd make better choices, but I can't. We don't go out of our ways to be like that, but we're sinful by nature. That's why there's grace. God forgives, no matter how many times we screw it up. All he asks is that we love him and desire him.

If we can let down our walls that we've built up over the years and let him in, he'll rock our worlds. I say "our" because I am still working on this daily.

Keeping all of this in mind, when we mess up and we're not the Christian/sister/friend/girlfriend/etc that we know we should be, that God is just. Every action has a reaction, that's the reality of free will. If we ignore God and try to do it on our own, he'll let you be lonely to get your priorities back in line.

So lonely is good. It's the closest, most intimate time you can have with Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment