Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Glass house (2010)

I’m sitting in my glass house watching the world go by
The ghosts, the memories are sleeping down the hall
I see the sunset, the stars, and watch little birds fly
The whole world is silent behind this wall.
I think I’m going out, I think I’m gonna try.
But I’ll sit on my couch, watch the leaves fall

When I left life got harder
and it’s harder and harder to hide.
The darker it gets around me
the more transparent I get inside.
Outside these glass walls
the whole world is shining.
Oh, but its barely an inch
from here to the other side.

I pushed and pushed it came to this,
Life gets its turn to shove.
To those who love to throw stones at me;
Tell me what is your house made of?

You know what I'm doing wrong
Well go ahead and get in line
Have you prepared your dance and song?
Of course, of course, I'm doing fine

Let’s just say I'm doing fine

I’m trapped in my glasshouse,
Let’s make a pot of coffee.
I think I'm going to stay in my house.

This crowd has been gathering outside since dawn,
While a catastrophe awaits me out on the lawn.
I’ll laugh and act like I don't know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment