Friday, December 3, 2010

Another day, another prayer (2007)


I'm watching out the window of the breezeway now as the rain's splashing into the lakes in the front yard. I remember on my way home from work mentioning to myself that it doesn't even look dark and dreary outside, but it's pouring and storming.
A lot of times peoples' lifes are just like this phenomenon. It can be absolutely pouring and storming, we can be put under a hardship that only a select few people know about, but yet when God steps in and intervenes on our behalf, we can be "sunny" in the midst of it all.
I'm not saying that we should put on a happy face and not share with anyone when we're hurting, that's not healthy. But our attitude towards the trials and struggles in our lives will either make or break us spiritually.
I know a lot of people don't understand the decisions I've made this past week, and that's okay. I don't expect them to. There are two people who know why besides me and God, and I'm perfectly okay with that. It's not always easy to not run to people with your problems, and it's very humbling spiritually to keep it all in and tell God. "Hey, I can't shake this without you. Please help me see the light in this situation." I'm willing to do it though, I'm willing to try with all my might to do right by this situation.
My intentions are pure, my motives are not shameful. My prayer time has improved drastically and I'm learning, stretching and growing more each day.
"Women are like teabags- you don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water!" - Eleanor Roosevelt.
Thanks to everyone who reads these, be blessed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment