Friday, January 21, 2011

Just a couple thoughts on my day off (2011).

I was reading through some of my old notes from high school the other day. I had an assignment to write down 100 quotes that meant something to me. I really really liked this one.


The clock is running. 
Make the most of today. 
Time waits for no man.

Yesterday is history. 
Tomorrow is a mystery. 
Today is a gift. 

That's why it is called the present.

"Sun Dials and Roses of Yesterday: Garden Delights" by Alice Morse Earle



This lead me to write a series of short little rhymes that are all kind of along the same line.


No matter where you've gone
No matter who you've been
You can always begin, again.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I am who I choose to be;
But that's not what I need.
We should always search
And consider who we are made to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Life may not be easy.
I may not make you proud.
Tribulation helps me see,
So I don't float among the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment