Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Frappuccinos and Facebook (2011).

As a student we know what college life is about. We deal with homework, deadlines, professors, other students, relationships, parents and that second job to pay for the apartment we are never in because we are always at the library/lab/studio/practice/meetings/classes - none of which are climate controlled. Basically, we are paying to be malnourished workaholics addicted to frappuccinos and Facebook, all in hope of a better life (complete with a paycheck) after graduation; the only thing that gets us through is more caffeine, friends, or that distant mythical place called Saturdays (Yeah, we've heard those exist).

This is my reprieve. 

Finally, a place that appeals to the little things in my life that need to be unleashed. There is no hard news, no negative reports or depressing headlines. Within these entries, I can find relief from the daily stresses that occasionally weigh me down. No one was injured in a car crash, it's always sunny and there is always enough parking for everyone. So hopefully, whoever is reading this, will have a chance to understand my lifestyle. Everything is written by me (unless otherwise noted), and is built on the stories, artwork and experiences of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment