Friday, February 18, 2011

Floral Ramblings (2011).


So I had some wine and wrote a poem the other day. It slipped my mind until I ran across it Thursday. 

Being perfect artists and ingenuous poets, flowers have survived their decadence. 
And since they had to be distinguished from each other, they have symbolic meanings.
Pure and passionate names that harmonize in our minds an inspired and gentle calm.
They challenge the mind with violent intoxication with which they inspire us.  
So it is that certain flowers, a favorite bloom, are saluted by the receiver.
They take on form and color, by these delicious names, which deserve a poem, a novel.


So, knowing how sentimental I get about random things, this prompted a series of floral ramblings (i.e. the title - clever, I know). I also read through it again before I posted it and labeled things, which amused me for 10 whole minutes. 


I think they are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.  (<- girly)
My tattoo says the earth laughs in flowers, Thanks Ralph Waldo :) (<- personal)
I like flowers better than diamonds. (<- hinting)

Aliens from planets without flowers must think we skip with joy every spring. :) (<- awkward)

I don't have a preference for type so long as they are wild, free and spontaneous. (<- politically correct)I will be the gladdest girl that ever lived if I could smell a hundred flowers and not pick one. (<- old fashioned)
When the music stops and the dancers walk away the smell of roses still linger. (<- artsy)
Take me to battle, I'll fight a war. Surround me with flowers, I fall to the floor. (<- again, artsy)

The flowers at my desk remind me that there's more to life than the metaphysics of books. (<- big kid words)
I have faith that flowers enjoy the air they breathe, which is why they blossom so lovely. (<- Hallmark)
Flowers at funerals go against their meaning, 
hope is tomorrow and funerals have none. (<- cynical)

If flowers had feelings they would show themselves in perfumes. (<- girly)
If the earth and the sun made love, they would bring to life a flower. (<- awkward)
Plucking a flower from a vine sends tingles down my spine. (<- awkward)

Flowers seem intended for the comforts of ordinary humanity. (<- philosophical)

Flowers sleep all winter, approach near death, and reappear to bring comfort and laughter. (<-magical)
Please don't pluck a roadside flower, they bring me joy when I drive down yonder. (<- Kentucky)
When I have two dollars left in the world, I'll buy bread with one, and a lily with the other. (<-irresponsible romantic)
If you've never been ecstatic to see a flower in bloom in spring, your soul has never bloomed. (<- challenge)

Flowers are just as expressive as men or animals - some smile, some have a sad expression. (<- philosophical)
Give me a sunrise and a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed. (<- truth)
The flower is the poetry of reproduction, an example life's eternal seductiveness. (<- sexual)

Flowers really do intoxicate me. (<- environmental lush)
Flowers offer themselves and eloquently speak of Gods in the language of rainbows. (<- artistic)
If a daffodil is a footnote for the spring, a purple aster must be the asterisk for autumn. (<-grammar pun)
A flower is a poet's darling inspiration. (<- girly)
Food nourishes my body, flowers nourish my soul. (<- philosophical)

The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy a special place in my heart. (<-truth)
What would our world be like, how would our people act, if there were no flowers? (<- scary thought)
I really love that it's perfectly acceptable to dance around in the sun wearing wild flowers in my hair (<- girly)
Sometimes I think a fallen flower is simply the effect of an angel skipping around. (<- religious)


A rose bending in the rain reminds me of all the gentleness and its enduring. (<- artistic)
Flowers are loved by all people for the beauty of their character and mysterious meanings. (<- philosophical)
Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words.  (<- truth)
You can't be suspicious of a tree or challenge the ideology of a violet. (<- philosophical)
God loved the flowers and invented soil.  Man loved the flowers and invented vases.  (<- strange humor)

No comments:

Post a Comment