Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today (2011)


Could it be that it's genetic?
Or perhaps it's just my fear. 

Could be, maybe, I’m wishing

I was somewhere other than here.

Maybe it's my chemicals

Or it is nothing at all

Regardless, it doesn't matter

When my emotions take their fall

Could be, it runs in my family

Maybe it runs in my small town

Perhaps it comes just from me

Whenever I feel down



I'm probably just dramatic

It appears that I'm just weak

It’s only because there is far too much

That I hope for, long and seek



It could be I need to sleep

It's possible this, too, will pass

It could be, very soon, I’ll get better

Perhaps this madness won't last



Or maybe I'll go crazy

Perhaps I'll lose it all

It's possible I'll be fine

I'm just so conditioned to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment